The key to keeping fit is to find a form of exercise that works for your body, your lifestyle and your passions. The key to creating a healthy habit and sticking to it, is to find something that you enjoy and you know you’re going to want to do often. It’s that simple.
Something that comes up often with staying active is trying to find the time. We live in an increasingly busy world, where we often take far too much on, feel like we always have to busy, but end up sacrificing time for things that are actually important and good for us. That’s where HIIT workouts come in to play.
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and is one of the best, and quickest way to get fit! It’s a type of training that incorporates short bursts of intense exercise followed by short periods of rest (like 10-15 seconds). This type of workout keeps your heart rate up, an forces your body to maximise it’s aerobic and anaerobic mechanisms. Some of the many, amazing benefits to HIIT are:
- Improve your cardiovascular ability
- keep your heart healthy
- Lose fat and gain muscle
- Quick and convenient
- You can do it anywhere
- No equipment necessary (but you can use dumbbells and weights if you’d like an extra challenge)
- Continue to burn calories 24hours after your workout finishes (yes, this is fact. It increases caloric burn after exercise through a process known as excess post-exercise oxygen consumption or EPOC. Essentially, the body must consume more oxygen, which increases the amount of calories that are being burned.)
So now you know a little more about why HIIT is so effective, let’s find you some awesome workout that you can try for free:
- Joe Wick’s Absolute Beginners HIIT Workout
2. Sarahs Day 15 Minute Fat Burner Workout
3. The Six Minute HIIT and Abs Workout
4. A 30-Minute Tabata Session to Burn Some Serious Calories (FYI Tabata is just another form of HIIT inspired by Dr. Izumi Tabata)
5. Quick Full Body HIIT Circuits To Blast Fat